Skip to Main Content

Requesting Interpreters

In accordance with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), Section 504, Boise State  University must make all programs and activities accessible to individuals with disabilities. In the event of a deaf or hard of hearing person needing interpreters, please refer the following information:

The Educational Access Center (EAC) provides signs language and text interpreters for current students for academic courses and course required events.

  • The student must establish services with the EAC.
  • The student will submit a request for an interpreter through the EAC Access Portal at least 5 business days prior to the event.

Departments hosting events are responsible to schedule and cover the cost of sign language or text interpreters. 

  • Any event offered to the public or to students must be accessible for people with disabilities.
  • Individuals requesting services should coordinate directly with the department sponsoring the event.
  • If the event is required for a course or program of study a deaf or hard of hearing student is enrolled in then refer the student to the EAC.
  • The EAC may provide departments with contact information for approved Boise State service providers, rates, and conditions.

Employees requiring sign language or text interpreters should submit the request to Human Resource Services.

  • Contact Affirmative Action, 426-4419